Monday, August 24, 2015

Updated 8-24-15

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post an update as to what I am currently up to. First, I see Kali Linux 2.0 is out and that's exciting! I went ahead and ordered a new (to me) laptop, and that should be to me by the 29th. First thing will be installing Kali Linux 2.0. In reading the docs for Kali 2.0, I realized that there are some scripts I can write to certainly save some time, and make stuff easier for the Kali Community, to which I will do as soon as I install it. So keep an eye out for that.

I am searching through my old backups looking for data from the www.learnnetsec.com website. UGH, it may not be as easy as I thought to get the site back and going. But, that said, I want to make it bigger, better, more content, more hacker challenges, forums, learning portals, etc. So until then, this site is serving as the backup. Please subscribe to it. For now, the domain www.learnnetsec.com is forwarded to this one, until I get this resolved. 

I am very active on twitter again, so check me out there @LearnNetSec 

I am very excited to be back and at it again guys, honestly. I have found new software to edit videos on Linux, and of course its open source! So good bye windows! Once and for all! 

Stay Tuned, 

- AfterBurn

1 comment:

  1. Good Stuff !
    So what's the name of the new "Video new software to edit videos on Linux" that you have discovered ?

    W.r.t your comment above "So good bye windows" - I have worked on windows 10 for some time now and I don't think its going to be a show stopper in the days/months/years to come. Nothing awesome or eye popping about it. It's definitely on its way out. The only saving grace is that Windows has some good professional software packages like CAD, photo editing and office automation available only on Windows/Mac.

    I have installed Kali 2 with KDE on an USB and it's good as gold. Commendable speed (a few lags occasionally though)

    Good to have you back :-)

    ReplyDelete