Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Round 3!

Good Morning,

Okay, so I am going to try this for the 3rd time! I am turning off the ringers on all of the office phones, cell phone, etc.

The video I want to produce today will be about the different phases of Network Security from a Professionals point of view.

I have most of the labs VM machines going, except win2k, as my old install media is messed up and will not work :(. Which is ok, because most of what we will be going over will apply to any machine that is windows based. I am going to fire in a few Linux based machines also, just to give us some more variety.

There is one thing to keep in mind guys; No audit is always successful, and you may not find anything worthwhile. Nothing is 100% guaranteed to succeed!

The video I may wind up producing before we get into this process may very well be setting up Metasploit Framework + Armitage. The only thing holding me back is that I have already went ahead and registered my community version of Metasploit, so I could get the most important updates for vulns. I need to find a way to reverse that so I can show you guys how to do this from scratch!

After that quick video, we will now have most of our more commonly used tools that need configuring setup, so we can dive into the meaty stuff, like actually doing some pentests on the lab! - Finally!

Operation: Get things in order - engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment