Thursday, June 13, 2013

Updates: New Stuff!

Hey Guys,

So, I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a real Domain Name! www.LearnNetSec.com  - was purchased today with some help from our ad's on the site and on youtube. This site here @blogspot will remain in use as we make a transition to the dedicated domain. I decided to do the dedicated domain so I can have more control over the overall website and blog content. I may also create a forum there for you guys to hang out, discuss, etc. I'd also like to get an IRC channel going but that is a lot of management (had one some years ago).

The second thing that is new, is that I finally joined us to Twitter today! I think twitter is a better avenue to give you guys updates than having to not only post it here, then facebook, and youtube. I have twitter linked with Youtube, so when new videos are uploaded I can quickly share them to twitter as well. So head on over to our Twitter Account HERE  and follow us for news, and updates there as well as the blog here.

I am also proud to announce that we have reached 100 subscribers to Youtube! Saturday the 15th will mark the first 30 day mark since this project was created. We have 8 videos on Youtube, so on the average that is 2 new videos a week! It's hard work, but It's totally worth it if you guys enjoy them and learn from the series. And by the looks of things, it seems you guys do!

So, a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to growing this project with me. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't be here at all!

Here's to the future! You guys Rock!

5 comments:

  1. YES! CONGRATS!!.... you guys deserved those subscribed. And that was very good step on making a website because i know in the future (not to far) you guys will have so many ppl & stuff following that you will needed. Thanks for all the effort you guys are doing here to teach us real skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. r3d, Thank You for your kind words and encouragement! I am looking forward to the future!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy your work. I took the liberty of downloading your tutorials from youtube for a better reference. I have decided that after my military service is completed I want to start pentesting. I was wondering if you could offer me any advice that would help me to prepare myself? i.e what kinds of books to read.. What certifications to study up on.. If I can just message you all this in one place or another that would probably be best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brent,

      Thank You for the kind words! You can email me if you would like learnnetsec[at]gmail[dot]com

      Though you do not need any certs to do this for self employment, it wouldn't hurt to have a Networ+ Cert and CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)

      The best way to learn is hands on in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. Nice blog thanks for sharing such nice information.its really helpful for visitor.......

    Thanks
    Network Security Audit

    ReplyDelete