Monday, June 3, 2013

Update on Metasploit + Armitage Tutorial

Well Guys, in testing today with a WIN-7 image on my poor XP VM host box that also runs the Kali environment we have been working with, it has come to my attention that it would be a mistake to try and teach you guys that on this machine, because of the massive amounts of resources windows itself needs to run. The recording would turn out horrible.

So, because I want the best for our learning sessions, I am dedicating a physical machine to handle all of the VM's except for Kali. It will be running ProxMox as it's host OS, which is made to run a VM environment. I am installing it tonight and configuring it with the VM's of what I have; WIN7 Ultimate, Win XP Pro, Win XP Home, Windows 2000, and Windows 2000 server. I was unable to locate my old copy of windows server 2003, and I am still awaiting a donation of a legitimate copy of windows server 2008 for demo purposes. I really want you guys to get a feel for what you are up against out there in the wild, so I am taking my time to do it right, and make available to you as much as I can conjure up in my contacts.

I will be happy if I can get a video out on it tomorrow at least showing windows 7, and XP in the scans with metasploit and armitage,

On another side note, if all goes well with ProxMox (never used it), Perhaps I will setup an subscriber based private network environment for you guys to hack away at. That would be the best to simulate real-world road blocks that you may run into. I have 4 extra static IP's sitting here doing nothing, so why not put them to good use :-)

I apologize for the delay.

3 comments:

  1. ProxMox Rocks! Finishing up the win7 install via a web browser GUI is very cool. IN a few minutes when that is done, I will start an XP pro setup. I will get going on the other VM's tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job keep it going! Any video that you guys can make will be very well welcome to the community.

    Btw, i can get you my Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 SP1 Integrated April 2011, but it is not genuine i don't know if you want it like that? just let me know.

    ReplyDelete